Error of Parsec 15000 may be caused by outdated graphics drivers or conflicting streaming applications. Error message may also be caused by graphical driver error or wrong configuration.
Parsec error 15000 indicates that the host encoder failed to initialize. In this error, the connection will not be established and the following message will appear: We were unable to initialize the hosting functions on the computer you are connecting to. Try to change the monitor that Parsec saves in your hosting settings, or read this support article for more information.
This is what a complete error message looks like:
We couldn’t initialize the hosting functionality on the computer you’re connecting to. Try changing the monitor Parsec is capturing in hosting settings or check out this support article for more information. Code: -15000.
Before you start searching for solutions, make sure that your system is compatible with Parsec.
Drivers are outdated
Use one of the following ways to ensure that your graphics card drivers are updated.
Nvidia: install the latest drivers from the Nvidia website or through GeForce Experience
AMD: install the latest recommended drivers from the AMD website. Do not install “optional” drivers.
Intel: manually install the latest drivers from the Intel website by searching for your processor or graphics on the website. Do not use an automated tool.
Windows Device Manager: the Device Manager cannot always provide you with the latest drivers. Use the method for your graphics card above.
Disable streaming applications
- Right-click on the taskbar to select Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Right-click the streaming application specified in the Applications section and select Finish the task.
- Disable all the streaming applications listed in the Background Processes section.
Something else uses your encoder
Disable / close NVIDIA Shadowplay, Xbox DVR / Game Bar, VNC or other game streaming applications and see if you can solve this problem.
Nvidia Shadowplay is a GeForce Experience option called Share. If you don’t have the GeForce Experience, that doesn’t apply to you. If you don’t have the option to share, check to see if your GPU is supported and update the drivers.
The Xbox DVR is an option in the Windows Settings application under the Games in Capture category, called “Background Snapshot”.
Turn off the game bar
- Here, click the Enter Windows 10 type button on the taskbar on the left to search.
- Enter the keyword set panel into the search text box.
- Click “Settings” on the game panel to open the window.
- Disable game clip, screenshot and show recording using the Game Bar option, if available.
Restore the video card driver
Not everything that is updated is good, sometimes there may be errors. The same is true for your graphics card driver. In the Intel graphics card driver, released in September 2019, there is an error that caused problems for Parsec and led to the error under discussion. In this case, resetting the graphics card driver may solve the problem.
- Roll back your graphics driver to an earlier version.
- Now run Parsec and see if it works properly.
Disable NVIDIA Shadowplay
- Open the Windows 10 search service program.
- Enter NVIDIA GeForce in the search box.
- Open this.
- Click the “Start” button and enter GeForce if necessary.
- In NVIDIA GeForce, click the “Settings” button.
- Disable the Share button if it is enabled.